Fixing or replacing a damaged item might be one of the most difficult things to decide for household or general maintenance.
On one side, you have the convenience of just changing a damaged piece and not having to worry about it anymore. On the other hand, this usually costs a lot more money than fixing it yourself or employing a repair service company.
When dealing with gutters, things can get as hard if not harder. That’s why, up next, we’ve developed a comprehensive guide to lead you through this difficult decision-making process.
You Should Repair Your Gutters If…
- Damage is localized: a good thing about gutters is that the structure has a modular characteristic, which is important since a single localized damaged area won’t be an issue for the rest. That means a simple sealant fix might be enough if the damage is confined to a couple of spots!
- The leaking areas are small: if the leaking areas are small and located in the joints, you probably will only need to securely fasten the loose areas.
- A couple of loose hangers: securing the hangers either by tightening the existing screws or making new holes won’t pose a challenge if you have a drill. If the existing hangers are bent, you might need to replace them.
You Should Replace Your Gutters If…
- There are just too many small repairs to be done: sometimes too many small repairs can get costly, and you might be better off replacing the whole thing at once.
- Hangers won’t stay screwed in place: if the screws won’t stay in a place that probably means your fascia boards are rotten and deteriorated. These can be repaired by most gutter repair and replacement contractors around.
- Sections just won’t stay together: if the gutter’s sections just seem like they will never stay together, it might be best to try a seamless gutter solution so it doesn’t happen again.
Sometimes, what might seem like huge replacement work can get solved by a small fix, saving you lots of money in the process. When things get a little difficult, don’t panic! It’s a sign you should consult a professional.
Install Solutions offers you a comprehensive gutter replacement and cleaning solutions in Delaware. Our superior team of experts will gladly help with whatever you need. Trust us; we’ll find the best solution to your problem! Even if your gutter needs to be replaced or only to get repaired, Install Solutions is here to help!